MAISON ESSENTIELE is committed to continue to educate ourselves and our customers on socially and environmentally sustainable business practices and slow fashion. Our mission is to bring our customers luxury sleep and loungewear using natural, low impact fabrics and sustainable business practices, because luxury shouldn’t be at the expense of the earth.
MAISON ESSENTIELE works with manufacturers and suppliers that hold the below certifications:
- Maison Essentiele’s factory partner is certified with the Business Social Compliance Initiative (BSCI) which holds strict regulations on fair working conditions, wages and rights for staff, and are regularly audited.
- Our manufacturer uses individual garment bags which are 100% plant based and biodegradable.
- Our materials are certified with OEKO-TEX® Standard 100 label — which means every thread, button and material used has been tested for harmful substances and that the article therefore is harmless for human health. The criteria is updated at least once a year meaning new scientific knowledge or statuary requirements are included.
- Maison Essentiele uses linen as a key material in our garments, which takes very little water. In fact 6.2 Litres in comparison to Cotton which takes 26 Litres (buying a linen shirt instead of cotton saves 13, 1.5 litre bottles of water).
- We also use silk, which is a natural fabric meaning both are fully biodegradable and require no pesticides to grow.
- Silk is the strongest material on the marketing meaning silk garments aren’t just going to be a wardrobe staple according to trends but will outlast other materials / garments for seasons to come.
- Both silk & linen are required to be washed with cold water which in turn uses less energy.
Our branded stickers used in our final packaging are created by a company that is carbon neutral on vegetable ink. The stickers themselves are 100% compostable/biodegradable, and every time a business makes an order, they plant a tree and register it with Global Forest Watch.
We use cardboard boxes & tissue paper for packaging so that after they’ve been enjoyed by customers they can be recycled.